meow

vague and mostly nonsensical kat meowings...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

sushi sushi

today was my first day of worky! i didn't fall asleep until roughly 2:30am when the girls got back from the aq. I might as well have gone given all of my tossing and turning, but oh well. I think i should write in my journal more during my sleepless nights. Most of my dreams are disturbing and very weird. I had this dream that nick got married to this blonde indiana girl. I think they got married b/c she got knocked up. She seemed very midwestern and non-descript in my dream. The wedding reception was in st. paul and i was invited. why would i be invited? it felt like a smack in the face really. It was all very upsetting and I remember not going but seeing their whole procession go by as I was sitting in front of coffeenews -- so, like the demure young lady that i am, I hid in the alleyway until they passed. very peculiar.

ok, so work... so first day i get off at the wrong stop too far away from the office building and have to retrace the bus route to get back to the office and this involves walking along a very busy highway. so yeah -- there were many cars zooming by me at 65mph and I'm walking along the grass/shoulder of the street. no sidewalks anywhere! i get to work and it's basically exactly like office space. my boss is pretty much the best part of the job because at least he's funny and personable. my co-worker is nice too... a little bland, but nice nonetheless. the little mcdonalds disney figurines in her cubicle are a little disturbing. she's exactly my age but it sorta seems like she could be 12 years old. she''s marrying a trucker though, i think that's cool. she gets to ride along with him sometimes and see the country. isn't that romantic? :o)

i hate waking up early. but after my first day jitla picked me up and we went to Midori's floating sushi world cafe (or something like that). It was tasty good. oishii. I splurged and got lots and lots of sushi... unagi, maguro, sashimi, caterpillar rolls, plum wine and mochi green tea ice cream. mmm... *drools* it really was amazing. and it was a cute place too. it wasn't overly hip/trendy like fuji-ya. it seemed more mom and pop and we sat at the bar so i could listen in. i love watching them make the rolls. such an art. the little daughter of one of the owners was there running around and she's a happa like me. she even had hair like me! heh. rare for happas to have brown hair like mine. i had my green contacts in so i was incognito though. hehe. not that they could tell anyway. i was very polite and said gochisosama deshita as i left though. mmm... sushi... i'm glad i have a job now so i can pay for my expensive sushi habits. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home