meow

vague and mostly nonsensical kat meowings...

Friday, July 08, 2005

what do a racehorse and an exotic dancer have in common?

it's late so i'll try to make this quick.

today at work my boss and i were talking about the london attack.

coworker: "they should just get a nukyuler bomb dropped on them."
boss + me: ?!
me: "they?"
coworker: "yeah, you know... all the terrorists."
coworker: "like in hiroshima,... you know, china. like how they got the nukyuler bomb dropped on them."
boss + me: wtf?!!!
me: "umm... hiroshima is in japan..."
coworker [exasperatedly] : "yeah, yeah, china, japan... same thing."
boss + me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so many things wrong in that one, i don't even know where to begin.

today was a better day at work. i'm starting to like it. even (especially?) with ridiculous events such as these. after work i went with jitla and ruth to a racetrack in Shokapee called Canterbury. It was unsettling that the racehorses shared the same names as exotic dancers and strippers. Jitla's first winning one was "Slamdancer." Other notable names include "Shake it High", "Lucky Charleen", ", and "Dancer's Prospect", I picked the bizarro losing ones with crazy cat names like "Starlet Cat" and "Catzzene" (all total losers)... but, that's to be expected with names like those... Others had the names straight off the covers of trashy novels like ""Eternal Dawn" or "U Be My Palomino."

Overall, a very disturbing day.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger GobberGo said...

Wow!! That beats my story by a lot, but it's related:

Once upon a time...
My friend in WalMart
friend: "where are your hanukkah decorations?"
Walmart lady: *perplexed expression* "huh?"
friend: "your hanukkah decorations, hannukah"
Walmart lady: "hanukkah ... hanukkah ... you mean christmas?"

Like I said, similar, but not nearly as crazy.
-Gob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home