meow

vague and mostly nonsensical kat meowings...

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Only 4 hours of sleep this morning after I went to bed at 8am. Mom and dad called this morning after they got back from Alaska so I had to pretend to already be awake. Hehe. Last night was a lot of fun... busy night. Alexa and I went to the old stoner house on Lincoln and chilled there for a bit. They have a hammock in their backyard. I love hammocks so much. I wish our backyard had trees so we could put up a hammock... Who knows, maybe our new place will. Ruth met us there and then we went to the Hague house right before it got busted. Three cop cars! Such overkill and totally unnecessary. Aren't there more important things going on in St. Paul rather than silly college kids having a party? Oh well... it was probably the fireworks that brought them over. Then we we went to the river to set off the rest of the fireworks but there were already people we didn't know there doing the exact same thing. So yeah, then back to Hague and then to Jerry's until 6am. Hard core. Ruth and I got back to our house around 6:30ish and then decided to go on a bike ride through St. Paul. It was quite lovely. So unnatural for us to be up at that moment, but the morning air felt good and refreshing. It's ridiculously muggy right now so that's pretty painful. Luckily, right when we got back from our bikeride it started raining and so we lay out on the sidewalk and got rained on. It felt so good. Big fat droplets. I started singing "raindrops keep fallin' on my head" but I couldn't quite remember the words. We looked hilarious. Both of us with long, wild wet hair and our make-up a bit smudged and streaming down our faces making us look a bit like crack whores. I had the sudden urge to go to Church at that moment. Not a regular protestant Church where they'd be like "oh dontcha know, you girls are a bit wet" but a real hardcore Catholic Church with giant ornate ceilings. I think it would have suited my mood at that point better. Hehe. But we couldn't think of a good one to go to. Next time maybe. Bust on in all wet and cracked out from not having slept all night. Yeah, you need a big, scary catholic church for that. Anywho. Alexa and I are about to bike to the river and have a picnic and then go to Solera where they show movies on the rooftops on Sunday and Monday nights. It's really quite lovely. Tonight they're showing Amelie and the drink special is Sangria. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home