meow

vague and mostly nonsensical kat meowings...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Uptown

happy october!

So it's been about a month since I've posted anything. Thus far, I have moved into my new apartment in Uptown Minneapolis and life has been pretty good. Before I had moved I had been really worried about never seeing anybody or doing anything but so far it's been quite the opposite. Sometimes it's nice to come home and just relax. Tonight I went to Alexa's housewarming party and then to the Independent where Thomas was visiting from North Dakota. It was pretty fun... it is usually a nice place but I never really realized the tv's there. I hate tv's in restaurants/bars because half the people you're talking to have their eyes glued to the tv and their mouths hanging open and just look completely brain dead. It's impossible to carry on a conversation that way. The tv was fine though, it just made me feel weird since I wasn't facing it and it's scary to have the people you're trying to talk to be completely engaged in something else.

Alexa's place was cool. it's in downtown Mpls and the view from her apartment is pretty cool. It's strange being a post-college student and seeing people with their non-college places. It still feels like college, but it's different. I feel that since I'm still in the area that all of my friends from home are still in their respective areas at college and forget that most of them are back in DC and I'm not. I was also thinking about the car I will soon be acquiring. I will probably have to get a Minnesota license! That's quite a commitment that I'm not sure I'm ready for!

Anywho, life in Uptown has been really great so far. I couldn't have hoped for better. I really like my room and how the bed part overlooks Hennepin and it's high up so I can watch the sky as I lay in bed or prop my pillow up against the window and watch the people going by. I like being on the top floor... It's relaxing. :o) I hope this entry isn't too boring... I'm a bit out of it right now and am trying to alleviate my guilt for not writing in my blog. Many exciting things have been happening all around me but I haven't been writing about them yet. They are probably more deserving of stories than this nonsense. oh well... another time perhaps. Oyasuminasai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home